Terms & Conditions
Our policy applies to all and any personal information which we collect hold or use; whether, for example, you are a student, prospective student, job candidate or a person within an education or training organisation with whom we deal.
blockinjobs.com will undertake to respect and protect the integrity of your privacy and your personal information collected by blockinjobs.com to enable us to provide our services.
The definition of personal information and sensitive information is set out at the end of this Policy and where we refer to personal information in this policy it includes sensitive information.
This Policy also applies to our subsidiary companies and associated or related businesses.
Why we collect Personal Information
blockinjobs.com collects and retains personal information about you including your name, address and contact details and details concerning your career aspirations to your educational and vocational qualifications.
We also collect, retain and use information relating to your employment aspirations. We would be unable to provide you with our services if we did not collect and make use of your personal information.
The individualised nature of our services means that, in a practical sense, we are unable to offer them to you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis.
What we offer you is selected and designed specifically with you in mind. In particular, we collect your information in order to:
- Process any employment application or inquiries you have made through blockinjobs.com
- Inform you of available educational and training opportunities, financial subsidies and/or support services
- Assess your current and future vocational status and educational and training needs
- Offer you specific, personalised and relevant vocational training and educational information and services which will enhance your qualifications and career opportunities
- Directly market educational, career and other opportunities to you, including through means of online remarketing, telemarketing and email marketing
- Maintain our business relationship with you and offer our services on an on-going basis
- Liaise with blockinjobs.com’ related entities and third party service providers for the provision of the aforementioned services to you and of facilities, such as data processing and storage, to allow blockinjobs.com to effectively offer you the services.
- Complete your enrolment process or other study applications with blockinjobs.com’ education and training partners. We may also use your information for the purposes of compliance, in-house research and analysis.
This helps us to:
- Improve our knowledge of customer needs
- Create and maintain marketing profiles
- Support strategic development
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory and legal framework in which we operate.
To enable us to conduct research we may share your information with third party suppliers employed to help. All results of any such research and analysis will be anonymised or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal details of individual customers.
How we collect your personal information In so far as possible we collect your personal information directly from you.
Personal information is generally collected while we are in contact with you and is largely provided by you.
It may be collected verbally in conversations with our employees or agents. It may be supplied in writing by you in the form of job applications, enrolment applications and details, curriculum vitae or academic records submitted by you in hard copy or electronically.
We may monitor (record) telephone conversations with you for staff training and compliance purposes.
We will inform you prior to any telephone conversation which is monitored (recorded) in this way to obtain your prior approval. The information will usually include your identity, age, gender and current contact details.
It will frequently also include the information contained in your curriculum vitae or job applications relevant to your vocational and educational history such as previous employment, training or study details, qualifications or skills you hold and membership of trade or professional associations.
We may also share information between our related or affiliated entities, depending on which of our related or affiliated entities you initially dealt with and what services you obtain.
Occasionally information concerning you, your work history or qualifications may potentially be provided by third parties such as former employers or educational institutions. Where this occurs we will take all reasonable steps to inform you of that.
Furthermore, personal information may also be collected by using “Cookies” when you contact blockinjobs.com or its associated entities on-line.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit blockinjobs.com websites (directly or via our applications).
We use information from cookies for the following reasons:
- To identify returning users, and subscribers
- To eliminate the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- To enable you to easily navigate our website and applications
- To track your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your preferences
- To build up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
- To enable targeted services and opportunities to be directly marketed to you based on your browsing history.
Cookies can be deleted from your hard drive at any time. However, if you delete them, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use our websites and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit.
How we use your information
We use the personal information we collect to provide employment, educational and training services to you. blockinjobs.com will undertake analysis of your vocational history and qualifications and consider it in the context of available employment and training programs in order to identify and inform you of further training or other vocational opportunities relevant to you.
In doing so, and to enable us to provide you with those services, we will include your personal information in our direct marketing database and client databases.
In order to provide those services or fulfil the purposes identified above, we may also disclose your Personal Information or some of it to other of our related entities or affiliated third party service providers such as data processors or direct marketing consultants.
We do not and never will sell or provide your details to third party advertisers or any unrelated entity unless we were to sell the business or part of it.
Sometimes we may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services.
By accepting blockinjobs.com’ terms of service and the terms of this policy and by providing blockinjobs.com with information or seeking its services, you consent to direct marketing to you of relevant services or opportunities identified by blockinjobs.com, its related entities or third party service providers dealing with blockinjobs.com.
If any phone number you have provided to us is registered on the Do Not Call register you consent to blockinjobs.com or its direct marketing providers calling that number or those numbers. blockinjobs.com may continue to contact you for an indefinite period unless and until you advise us otherwise.
If you do not want to receive any of this information, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing at any time by contacting our privacy officer whose details are set out below. You may also optout and stop the delivery of future promotional material from blockinjobs.com by following the special instructions in any marketing email you may receive from us.
These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our database and marketing list. Once you have told us you no longer wish to receive information about our services, we will not send you any further material.
We will keep your basic details in our ‘do not contact’ database so that we do not contact you again. You can, however, change your mind about receiving information about our services at any time – you just need to let us know by contacting us as outlined above.
Parties we disclose your personal information to blockinjobs.com will disclose your personal information to our related entities and/or certain affiliated third party service providers in certain relevant circumstances and in the provision of our services to you.
This may include disclosure to:
- Prospective employers
- Educational and vocational training bodies
- Third party service providers such as data processors for the purpose of entering your information into our databases.
Finally blockinjobs.com or its undertaking may be the subject of sale or negotiations for sale in which case your personal information may be disclosed and ultimately pass into the custody of a purchaser.
If this occurs disclosure and transfer will be subject to the terms of this Policy and the British Privacy Principles.
Ensuring your personal information is up to date.
We depend on the personal information we hold about you to provide our services in an efficient manner. As such, it is crucial that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we will ask you to tell us of any changes to your personal information. However, you can contact us at any time to update your personal information or to tell us the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete. Security of personal information blockinjobs.com takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We employ a number of means to protect your personal information, including:
- External and internal premises security
- Restricted access to personal information
- Maintaining a secure computer network to prevent unauthorised access
- Regular reviewing and testing of our software in order to improve the level of security Internal policies in relation to blockinjobs.com computer use
- Taking reasonable steps to ensure third parties provide information security of a similar standard.
- It is our policy to regularly review and if it is no longer being used, remove personal information from our systems.
It should be noted that there are inherent features of internet communications – including e-mail – which are not secure and may involve your communications being routed through a number of servers and different countries. blockinjobs.com cannot control this and does not guarantee the security of such transmission.
Be aware that various encryption methods can be employed to secure that information if you are concerned about it, however blockinjobs.com does not control or particularly recommend any of these and does not warrant their effectiveness. Offshore recipients blockinjobs.com uses the services of overseas data storage and processing services and maintains databases outside of United Kingdom. The countries where your personal information may be sent presently include the rest of the world.
blockinjobs.com contractually obliges all and any overseas parties to whom it entrusts its data and your personal information to abide by the terms of this Policy and provide secure and discrete information handling and storage which meets the standards required by British law. As noted above, you should also be aware that e-mail services and communication over the internet may involve portions of your personal information being routed through servers located anywhere in the world. This is a technical feature of the function of the internet and e-mail and is not a matter under blockinjobs.com’ control.
Can I access or correct my personal information?
Breach of privacy complaints
We offer a free internal complaint resolution scheme to all of our customers.
Should you have a privacy complaint, please contact us so we can try to fix the problem.
To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple three-step process:
- Gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do.
- Contact the blockinjobs.com Privacy Officer via the contact details outlined above, where your situation will be reviewed and if possible resolved straight away. A quick chat is all that’s required to resolve most issues.
- If at this stage the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, the matter will be referred to a senior manager within blockinjobs.com or the relevant organisation within the blockinjobs.com group of companies. We will provide you with the name and contact details of the officer who will investigate your complaint, answer your questions and do all they can to assist you.
Changes to this Policy
Definitions “blockinjobs.com” in this document means blockinjobs.com website, product, service and brand owned by Rockmere Trading Ltd.
“Personal information” is any information about you that identifies you or information by which your identity can be determined. “Sensitive Information” is personal information concerning your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association